Tuesday, October 26, 2010

#3 Pirate Ship Playhouse - continued


HEY THAR!

This Bee's
Captain HighTide


Pirate Ship Playhouse:

2007-Demolition & 2008-Construction:


 Let the Demolition begin!
2007

The first thing I did was remove as many deck screws with my cordless drill as I could because I thought I would save the teak decking for the rebuild. After I thought I had saved enough of the decking, I decided to make some cuts with the sawzall and remove bigger sections at one time because the one screw at a time plan was going to take forever. All the screws on the boat were made out of brass and I had a few pounds of brass saved up in no time.


And then it came time to remove the 2 engines.  I had to get a fork lift to lift them out. Everything went smoothly as planned and I was able to sell them as well as a few other items from the boat. 

With the Engines out of the way, I started on the Main section, (the Cabin)




I was cutting and prying and tossing huge pieces
of boat onto the ground for about 5 weeks







Then it was time to replace the missing Planks!



I added some extra support to the top of the midsection
(Main Deck of the Pirate Ship)


What was once a boat is now an empty Hull


Whew!  I'm Tired, Lets take a break Shall we?

A friend gave me a real cool item called a Binnacle for the Pirate ship...
 Binnacles are used for navigation at night or during heavy fog,
This will come in real handy during our late night adventures. 

 
 
Starting in spring/summer of 2008

I sanded the original finish off the exterior and then added
 the  stain and clear marine finish to the bare Mahogany Planks. 

Next I placed a transition piece I made out of Oak wood for the higher front Bow design 
(I'm raising the front Bow section up 5  planks about 20" higher)

Here I've added the Plank supports

This is about the time of year I start putting everything away for winter and getting the
boat ready for the wet weather  for 2008 


I bought a large tarp to cover the boat with for the winter that year. I installed a 10 foot pole in the middle to help the rain runoff and not pool up in a pocket.

Here in the picture above, I'm checking the rail height
(I will be adding another 12" ballaster rail above this first rail)

 


Well thats it for 2007/2008
Thanks for viewing
and Please check back each day because I'm adding more post as fast as My finger tips can produce them.
This is Captain HighTide saying:
Keep your sails Dry and the seagulls
out of the crows-nest!
Syanara,and Chow..mein

AYE! and Don't Forget, part #4 of the Pirate Ship Playhouse project will be arriving into port real soon!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing... and you are crazy!!! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're done. I think it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON PREVIEW AFTER TYPING COMMENT THEN Using the drop down menu click anonymous if you don't have google account etc and then PERFORM THE WORD VERIFICATION and CLICK "POST COMMENT" THANKS!