Saturday, October 23, 2010

#1 Pirate Ship playhouse project / Hanah / Autism

HEY THAR! This be
Captain HighTide



Introduction: Hanah

We have a Special needs Daughter named Hanah; she is our youngest child of 4 children,  Hanah , is diagnosed with Learning disabilities PDD-NOS (Pervasive developmental delays -None Specific) Although she is not considered Autistic, her diagnosis is in the Autism spectrum.

Daddy Mommy Hanah on the Haiwian Cheiftan ship from Washington -docked in Old Sacramento


 Hanah and Daddy


Hanah


  Some of Hanah's learning disabilities are (social skills, reading, and writing etc.)


She also has some very unique capabilities such as memorizing songs the very first few times she hears one. The list of songs she has memorized is amazing!



 

 
 
 

The world is her stage everywhere she goes!


 


 
 


If it involves singing, Hanah enjoys it and loves to perform for us on a weekly basis.

I built Hanah a Stage to practice her performances on
in her bedroom.



when she was about 7-1/2 years old, she loved Disney’s Peter Pan and pretended to be him almost every day


 
  On Hanah’s 8th Birthday of 2007, and we decided to have a Pirate themed party and invite all her friends and classmates to dress up as Pirates or any other Peter Pan characters they chose to dress up as.  The party was fun and the guest enjoyed it a lot, especially the treasure hunt. The school across the street from our house had a playship structure and a small covered picnic area with a small nature trail right next to it, so everything was perfectly suited together for a great Pirate themed Birthday party. 




Mommy, Daddy, and Happy Birthday Girl Hanah

So after the party, I was thinking out loud to my wife, mother-in-law and a few parents, Hey, wouldn’t it be cool to have a Pirate ship in your own backyard? Yes, Hanah would love that my wife said.  So it got me thinking, what if I was to buy some lumber, heck I could start tomorrow? I said out loud again.  Really? My wife responded.  Well I would have to kind of plan it on paper first, you know, that’s how you’re supposed to do it. I said.   So about 2-3 months later, I was still thinking about how cool it would be to build a pirate ship play house for Hanah.

 


So the story begins…………….

Pirate Ship Playhouse Project


Part #2 -Click on link below


2 comments:

  1. Miss your Blogs Tom please at to them so Tim and I know you are ok>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Alemap I have neglected this blog for over a year now. trying to get back to doing what I used to do and who I was before the accident has been a long road. I actually posted a story on the other ONE TIME AGO Blog and have a short story blog in the mix called Gyozatime with one story published so far. Still trying to get a diagnoses for my symptoms

      Thanks you :)
      Captain HighTide

      Delete

YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON PREVIEW AFTER TYPING COMMENT THEN Using the drop down menu click anonymous if you don't have google account etc and then PERFORM THE WORD VERIFICATION and CLICK "POST COMMENT" THANKS!